28th of August 2012 0
What comes to what you deserve. Sathian Phoemthongin, the highest official in the Ministry of Defence, and two others were yesterday with immediate effect by the Minister transferred.
They may in the Ministry with their thumbs to rotate. Transferred to an inactive post, called in Thailand. The three are punished because Sathian criticizes the preferred candidate of the Minister for his succession.
Sathian had as successor his deputy, Chatree Thatti, thought, and which had also preferred by Pinpas Sariwat, Director-General Department of the Secretariat. But the minister prefers another, through-via close links with a sister of former Prime Minister Thaksin.
In a letter to Prime Minister Yingluck, which Bangkok Post hand had obtained, Sathian accused the minister of unacceptable interference in the so reshuffle, an annual round where army officers are promoted or transferred. He also enlisted the help of Prem Tinsulanonda, President of the Privy Council, and a councilor.
Sathian, at the end of the month META pensioenÂ goes, left his office yesterday at half past five. He said: â € ~ I do not mind being treated this way. The armed forces chiefs will face the same fate. I am the precedent.â € ™
[The Commander of the Army in 2010 had led the military operations against the red shirts. He and the other two commanders to their chest wet, because the Yingluck government will do everything possible to replace them by fellow generals.]
Thursday meets the Defence Council on the reshuffle list prepared by the three commanders. The board consists of the Minister, the commanders of army, navy and air force, the commander and the Permanent Secretary (in this case Sathianâ € ™ s replacement). The commander of the Air Force will retire next month.
– A Finnish female tourist (34) Saturday on the island of Lipe (Satun) assaulted when she went back to her hotel. A man had approached her and was sustained for a while until they came to a deserted place, where he was to make her strip. He went with her cell phone and 1,000 baht off. The police camera footage of the man.
– A Frenchman was deceased and five other passengers were injured Monday when the minivan they were in the bend of a road in Khlong Yai (Trat) against a concrete edge collided. The bus was en route to Cambodia through the border post Hat Lek. According to police, the driver lost control of the car. [ Will be having driven too fast .]
– The Andaman is Monday afternoon a boat with 37 Asian and European tourists and four crew capsized. Everyone can be saved by vessels that were in the vicinity. The boat was en route from Phi Phi Island to Phuket. High waves [ and too high a speed? ] were the culprit.
– Prime Minister Yingluck has jumped into the breach for Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong (Finance «n), who last week admitted to having lied about the economic forecast for this year. He called it a â € ~ white Liea € ™, we would say a white lie. The minister was deluged with criticism, but Yingluck shares that are not. The minister had good intentions for the country, she says.
The critics are now also called group of 40 senators joined, which is extremely critical of the Government. According to Senator Kamnoon Sitthisamarn has Kittiratt probably the code of ethics for officials and politicians violated. The minister should resign or at least his excuses, find Kamnoon. He also wonders whether the digits of the budget for 2013, next week the Senate is treated, still be trusted.
– Some men have opened fire Sunday night at the Pattaya Remand Prison . Index Page © n detainee was injured and the sleeping quarters and the outer sustained damage. Police found more than 30 M16 cartridges. A month ago, a prison guard in his house under fire. He survived the attack and was transferred to Bangkok. The attack was an act of revenge because the man smuggling drugs and cell phones had discovered.
– They were hidden in a pickup truck under water melons, but not good enough for the police in Khun Han (Si Sa Ket ) intercepted the timber: seven blocks from the protected rosewood worth 3 million baht. The driver took off. [ But maybe he gave the police a tip. ]
– Plans for the Dawei deep sea port (Myanmar) and the construction of two highways which will connect the port with Thailand, have be submitted to local residents. This plea, addressed to the Government and contractor Italian-Thai Development Plc, held community groups and academics during a recent seminar on the relationship between Myanmar and Thailand.
One of the speakers said that the project should draw lessons from developing Thailandâ € ™ s Eastern Seaboard Industrial Area on environment and health. Another argued that the problems are ten times as large as the problems that industrial Map Ta Phut and Laem Chabang deep water yield. In Myanmar, according to him, the environmental and health rules are not well enough controlled.
– Former Prime Minister Abhisit’s Monday seven hours by the Department of Special Investigation questioned about his role in the precipitation of the red shirt riots in April and May 2010. The red shirts consider him and his then Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban responsible for the 91 deaths that were taking. Suthep was also put to the test.
– Suthep Thaugsuban do not have to give up parliamentary seat. The Senate decided Monday to examine additional evidence that was submitted by Suthep. The strong man in the Abhisit government, according to the National Anti-Corruption Commission then tried comrades to get a job to help the Ministry of Culture. That he has violated the Constitution and that could cost him his parliamentary seat plus a spell of five years from engaging in political office. On September 18 strikes the hour of truth for Suthep. To turn it off is a three-fifths majority required (89 of the 149 senators).
– The increase in the minimum daily wage to 300 baht has not led to layoffs, says Minister Padermchai Sasomsap (Employment). He bases this on the unchanged unemployment rate of 0.4 percent. In April, the minimum daily wage in seven provinces to 300 baht, in other provinces was increased on 1 January continued to rise to 300 baht.
– 38 students from five schools in Ban Khai (Rayong) have to high levels of lead in their blood. This is demonstrated by a study by the Department of Health Thammasat University Rangsit. The Faculty of Architecture Chulalongkorn University in which schools were withdrawn, but the results are negative.
– A meat vendor who was suspected of the murder of a policeman in the provincial prison of Pichit deceased. Cheating, says the family, but authorities say he is a cardiac arrest is deceased. His body would exhibit no injuries.
– Fifteen Chinese and seven Taiwanese are Monday for fraud sentenced to 18 months imprisonment. From a call center, they saw opportunity compatriots money to transfer to their bank account. They were caught red-handed in March in a house in Pak Kret (Nonthaburi).
– And again threatens a conflict between the government and the Bank of Thailand (BoT) . The Minister of Finance «n wants the economy this year is growing stronger than the 5.7 percent that the BoT predicts. He is also afraid of the debt crisis in the eurozone.
The Minister proposes two things: the central bank to reduce its policy rate and private banks should be persuaded to lend more money, because they have very ample liquidity.
Both proposals were rejected by economists. The impact of the euro crisis is marginal, says Somprawin Manprasert, assistant professor of economics at Chulalongkorn University. The Asian markets continue to support the exports of Thailand.
Reduction of the policy rate is unwise because the current rate of 3 percent ensures that inflation remains limited to steady economic growth. The central bank thinks that inflation in 2013 to 3.4 percent true, slightly higher than this year.
[ The policy rate is the interest rate that banks charge when they money together borrow. The height is determined by the Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of Thailand. The interest rates of the banks are dependent on the level of the policy rate .]
If the government wants to boost the economy, they should not stimulate consumer spending [ as they currently do with such tax refund for first car buyers and home ], but they must invest, because a multiplier effect. The government can improve the utilization of the budget accelerating, says Somprawin.
Somchai Pakapaswiwat, an independent analyst, says the government should not interfere with the monetary policy of the central bank. Conflicts usually arise because the central bank pursues stability and the government short-term growth to impress the voters to make.
[ For background information on the monetary policy of the BoT’s article on August 27: between the government and the Bank of Thailand buttering it. ]
– The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris insists there to Thailand on a business-friendly climate. Otherwise, it runs the risk to lag behind other Asian countries.
Although Thailand remains attractive for companies to do business, get countries like Indonesia «Myanmar and a growing attraction for foreign investors, says Jean-Guy Carrier, Secretary General of the ICC, who recently visited Thailand brought.
â € ~ You can not afford to stand still, because stagnation means decline. As the global economy slows, Thailand should seize the opportunity to improve the investment climate more attractive to investment trekken.â € ™
A major concern of foreign investors in Thailand is the absence of an arbitration scheme, which in some ASEAN countries already functioning. In arbitration disputes between businesses and between businesses and government resolved. Now investors to a Thai or foreign court action to resolve a conflict. In addition, investors in contrast to other countries on a case-by-case request for arbitration.
â € ~ Doing business here is not as easy as in Singapore and Hong Konga € ™ said Victor Smith, Chairman of the ICC arbitration Thailand. â € ~ You must have a work permit if you want to come to Thailand for a meeting of one hour. â € ~
The ICC also points out that the limitation of foreign ownership to 49 percent is a concern for foreign investors, or they have no control over their own investments.
– Creative Products: therein lies Thailandâ € ™ s future, not rice, rubber and sugar because they are cheaper by other countries on the world market. An example of ZOA € ™ s creative product is the â € ~ Thai pintoâ € ™, a container in which vegetables and crispy rice stays fresh and hot.
To Thailands economy to a creative economy to forms, the government has the Thailand Creative Economy Promotion Agency established a fund of 300 million baht at its disposal to projects Initiation «run. Also, a National Policy Committee, which will determine the policy and action makes.
fund of 300 million baht by the previous government set up. It is now managed by the National Economic and Social Development Board, but there is still no baht from issued.
– Within three years begins the construction of the fifth friendship bridge between Thailand and Laos. That goes Bung Can connect Bolikhamxay in Laos. The bridge will shorten the route to China, the distance limit Vinh (Vietnam) amounts to only 335 km. Construction of the bridge cost 2 billion baht.
– Thai Smile, the budget subsidiary of Thai Airways International (THAI), the THAI flights Bangkok-Krabi (four times per day) and Bangkok-Surat Thani ( two times a day) on. There are flown by an Airbus A320. From October, the schedule expanded to Bangkok-Phuket-Phuket and Chiang Mai.
– One year after the government’s controversial “le mortgage system for rice barn has achieved, yet little progress in the combating corruption and leakage, which seem more serious than ever before. Especially millers, brokers, corrupt officials and provincial politicians benefit, not the farmers through the system at a price 40 percent above the market price for their paddy get. At least in theory, because they may be victims of fraud.
An internal study by the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives, the government bank that finances the program, has eight potential for fraud discovered. Some are already in the publicity, like mixing rice of different quality.
Even when the government bought up rice is eventually sold to exporters and packaging, may be fraudulent. Officials let the rice deliberately deteriorate, so that those who offer to be auctioned rice can conspire and a lower price.
(easily readable) article A’A bounty or corruptionÂ ‘can be found on the website of the Bangkok Post. ]
– The Internal Trade Department calls the Took Jai (= satisfied) retail project a success. Ten thousand shops have a corner decorated with everyday needs at a discounted price. The new Director-General wishes the program after the scheduled completion date in September until the end of the year continue. She expects over 16,000 stores participating.
Decades ago, a similar program called Sin Thai. That was not very successful because the products have looked very attractive, although they were produced by well-known companies. Took Jai makes that mistake. â € ~ Price and marketing are essential in making home products. Quality and trust are the key to succesâ € ™, says the new executive.
– Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, Songkhla and Phuket have a regional science park for R & D, ie research and development, especially serving small and medium-sized enterprises. They are designed in analogy to the science park opened in 2002 in Pathum Thani and possibly developed in collaboration with government universities. The parks in the South will focus on rubber, in the North and in the Northeast on drugs on livestock. When fully operational, they offer employment to 15,000 researchers. The government has ambitious plans for this in the budget for 2013 8,000,000,000 baht reserved.
www.dickvanderlugt.nl â € “Source: Bangkok Post
No sponsors at the moment.