23rd of February 2014 0
Bangkok residents have been advised local waterworks in storing water. This week, the production of water may be interrupted because seawater beyond the usual Chao Phraya River enters.
expected tomorrow to reach the salt water pumping station in Muang (Pathum Thani), which serves the eastern part of Bangkok. Earlier this month increased the concentration of salt in the river water is already at a serious level, but this has been resolved to lead. More water from the river to the Mae Klong Chao Phraya
The eastern part of Bangkok, Thonburi, has no problems, because that is fed from the Mae Klong Dam in Kanchanaburi and Bangkok achieved through Mahasawat channel. Also parts of the province of Nonthaburi are supplied via this route.
water problems are the result of the drought, coming in early this year. In numerous places, the Chao Praya River is very low.
Photo Ban Chun canal in Ayutthaya. There is not much left of it.
– The Raks Thai Foundation has sounded the alarm bell about the unusually high number of unplanned pregnancies among migrants, leading to unsafe abortions. Many immigrants from Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia have according coÃ ¶ Coordinator Sunee Talawat not got a clue of contraception and family planning.
According to her, 30 percent of unwanted pregnancies in this group, some of the women let themselves abortion. Sunee says that migrants consider abortion as a contraceptive, suggesting that they have no knowledge of other methods.
A study in 2011 in Samut Sakhon yielded a rate of 48 percent that knew nothing of birth control. Some knew that the pill and injections can prevent an unwanted pregnancy, but it is not being used. The study found that teenagers rarely use a condom. Health problems associated with reproduction, are 3.6 times as often as in Thai workers.
– Residents in Rangsit (Pathum Thani) yesterday set up barricades to prevent vehicles reach the site of the Red Line in Thanyaburi. They say that the works are a nuisance in the form of noise, dust and vibration. The vibrations damaging their homes and parts of nearby roads.
– Saber rattling in the camp of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD red shirts). Today conferencing red shirt leaders from across the country about their strategy against the protest movement. The plan is to â € ~ € ™ miljoenenâ supporters to mobilize. Before a big rally
Red Shirt leader Jatuporn Prompan warned the red shirts to be because PdRC is protected by a group of heavily armed men, he says. extra careful â € ~ When the red shirts holding a mass rally, we lose nieta € ™ he says. â € ~ If we lead a defeat, this means that loses democracy. When our patience is running out and we can no longer tolerate the situation, we must fight and take the situation a new time. The world will fight us herinneren.â € ™
A red shirt leader in the North says red shirts all military bases in the country will besiege, when the military coup commits: 5000 per base. They are unarmed and will not cut off water and electricity.
Action Leader Suthep Thaugsuban is not worried about the planned UDD rally. Who wants to be a slave of Thaksin should feel especially when connecting, he sneers.
– The Indian businessman Sathit Sehgal, who threatened with expulsion, is considering holding a march to Hua Hin and there the king to ask for help. This says a PdRC leader. He expects that many people will join the move. Join Sehgal
Sehgal is threatened with expulsion for his role in the anti-government protests. A committee of the Interior has made the decision. The CMPO has yet to confirm the decision. Sehgal is chairman of the Thai-Indian Business Association. His family has lived for 50 years in Thailand.
– Three villagers and an assistant chief yesterday shot dead in Yala. The villagers were in a shop in Kabang and were taken by four men under fire with a 9 mm handgun and HK33 and AK-106 rifles. She deceased spot.
The other shooting took place on a rubber plantation in Raman. The victim was shot while he was at work.
UDD: United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (red shirts)
Capo: Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (body responsible for implementation of the ISA)
CMPO: Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (responsible body for the State of Emergency since January 22 applies)
ISA: Internal Security Act (emergency law that gives police certain powers, in whole Bangkok force, less stringent than the Emergency Decree – Emergency Ordinance)
DSI: Department of Special Investigation (FBI Thai)
PdRC: People’s Democratic Reform Committee (headed by Suthep Thaugsuban, ex-MP of the opposition party Democrats)
NSPRT: Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (radical protest group)
Pefot: Â Peopleâ € ™ s Force to Overthrow Thaksinism (ditto)
PAERN: Peopleâ € ™ s Army and Energy Reform Network (action group against monopoly power)
â € ~ Our victory is near, the government is on a cul weg.â € ™ This action leader Suthep Thaugsuban said last night in his daily pep talk, this time on stage in Silom. Suthep hopes that next week an end to the political situation. â € ~ The power of the government crumbled. We do not even know where Prime Minister Yingluck is. Which can only through its Facebook page announcements doen.â € ™
Suthep reiterated his intention to make Yingluck, hunting but the goal is not to harm her, she only asked to resign. â € ~ Yingluck clings to her post with an illegal election and vote buying, so that her government comes back to power, but the population no longer wants a government with a Januskop.â € ™
protest movement hold a rally Monday at the office of real estate firm SC Asset and Tuesday at VoiceTv, an Internet television company owned by Thaksinâ € ™ s son Panthongae. According Suthep many have heeded his call to boycott AIS. AIS was founded by Thaksin and sold to a company in Singapore in 2006. The company has announced that it has no connection with the Shinawatra family.
Thursday and Friday demonstrated the PdRC the Shinawatra Tower III Vibhavadi Rangsit on the road. The building is home to numerous companies that have nothing to do with Shinawatra, the protest movement that has come to be Bangkok Post. A reprimand The editorial calls the action â € ~ a campaign or intimidationâ € ™.
– The management of AIS telephone calls anti-government protesters in the company not to boycott. Action Leader Suthep has summoned because all the Shinawatraâ € ™ s has to do, is to be contested.
AIS claims to have. no ties to Thaksin The Shinawatra family has no shares in the company. Thaksin sold in 2006 to a company in Singapore.
â € ~ I would like to ask for more. sympathy Our company provides more than 10,000 people Etena € ™ says AIS director Wichian Mektrakarn. â € ~ And they also have families to take care of. We need your support so that we can continue to verlenen.â € ™
the best service to our customers
newspaper â € ~ unusually large menigtesâ € ™ spotted at AIS shops in mall MBK, Siam Paragon and Siam Discovery, suggesting that Suthepâ € ™ s appeal is successful. Customers gave their sim card back and got a different society about. According to the regulator NBTC Friday 1,400 people have changed their SIM card, which is twice as much as normal.
– Panlop Pinmanee been approached to strengthen the CMPO and according Bangkok Post not a good sign. The former deputy director of the Internal Security Operations Command is known as hardliner . He gave in 2004 the army ordered the Krue Se Mosque in Pattani storm, which led to the deaths of 32 alleged opstandelingen.De fear that his appointment throw oil on the fire.
Panlop, now adviser of Prime Minister Yingluck, acknowledges that his new role may encounter resistance, but that will not lead to an increase in violence. â € ~ I am now a retired general, 77 years old, and no longer the belligerent type.â € ™
CMPO has not yet decided whether he will be downloaded. Presumably the top of the opposition forces were against it because his appointment may be. Seen as provocation Paradorn Pattanatabut, General Secretary of the National Security Council, denies Panlop will be appointed. The protest movement was the appointment may be used as evidence that the government use of violence against demonstrators.If
Panlop is appointed, his duties will mainly consist of providing tactical advice on how to fight. armed groups within the protest movement These are now known as â € ~ popcorn warriorsâ € ™, named after the corn SZAK which a masked man had hidden. Rifle during the fighting in Laksi on the eve of the election It is suspected that these fighters Tuesday also attended the fights at Ratchadamnoen Avenue at the Phan Fah Bridge.
– Â’Mijn guess is that the whole exercise was merely a sham to provide moral support to Prime Minister Yingluck. I pity the real farmers in the group by ex-MP are bedrogenÂ “writes columnist Veera Prateepchaikul in Bangkok Post. Veera referring to the convoy of thousands of farmers in agricultural vehicles on the road was to Suvarnabhumi, but Friday Ayutthaya was abruptly turned around.
Veera wonders why farmers would go to Suvarnabhumi and not to the Ministry of Commerce in Nonthaburi where farmers almost two weeks camping. Protest leader Chada Thaiset has no explanation given, and the farmers he led, no questions asked.
what was suspected: the convoy was escorted by five police cars, which paved the way. Highly unusual, writes Veera, other groups protesting farmers often have to deal with attempts to maintain or crows feet are scattered on the road.them from
Friday told Chada Yingluck meet you. The Prime Minister had promised that next week the farmers would get their money. Then made the convoy turned around. The question is: does this meeting have taken place and where and when it would have happened
– The idea of Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong (Finance «n) to issue bonds to retail investors (â € ~ With an attractive renteâ € ™), has been shot again by experts. As the loans to the banks that the government has been trying to get the government thus runs the risk of infringing act unconstitutional. Or rather the management of the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC), because that would be the bonds.
The Government has also proposed that the BAAC issuing promissory notes, also intended to provide for the payment of the farmers, who for months waiting.
Ennoo Suesuwan, former director of the BAAC and currently chairman of the Chamnian Saranaka Foundation, has a better idea. Get the money from the budget approved before the House of Representatives was dissolved. The government may also â € ~ € ™ related budgetsâ remove various ministries. Ennoo says this is nothing special, because it is already happening in the weeks before the end of the year. Then, any remaining funds drawn.Furthermore
, but others have already said, the government should accelerate the sale of the rice. It is estimated that there are 17 to 18 million tons of rice in stock. The rice sales will not be easy, because the stocks are piling up globally and prices fall. Moreover, some countries are beginning to question the quality of Thai rice, because for so long and not all rice is stored under proper conditions is preserved.
ZOA € ™ s 800,000 farmers have received a total of 114 billion baht. Furthermore, 1.4 million farmers entitled to 181 billion baht for the rice covered by the mortgage system from 2013 to 2014. So far, the BAAC paid 67 billion baht.
Thawatchai Yongkittikul, secretary-general of the Thai Bankers Association, agrees that the bond issue is contrary to the law at this time, the government can better get the money for the BAAC from various budget items. He advocates a gradual sale of rice, which inevitably of loss.
– Impossible, says the Electoral Council and that response leaves nothing to be desired clarity. The refusal is a response to the plea of the four coalition parties to hold in order to satisfy the statutory requirement that re-elections within 30 days should be kept.after election re-election next Sunday
Electoral Council Commissioner Somchai Srisuttiyakorn points out once again that the Electoral Council and the Government disagree on re-election in 28 constituencies in the South, which could not be tuned. district on candidates The Electoral Council advocates a royal decree, the government says it can not do this. The case will be presented next week to the Constitutional Court, it must find out.
The elections for the (half) Senate on March 30, are no problem. Even when they are disturbed, the Senate continue to function as senators remain until the new elected members have taken over.their seat
And then there are still re-election in the polling stations that were blocked (for elections January 26) and remained close (elections February 2), because staff failed or because ballot boxes and ballot papers had not arrived.
hot potato remain the 28 constituencies. When 28 parliamentary seats remain empty, the parliament can not function. The law stipulates that a maximum of 25 seats may be.unoccupied
www.dickvanderlugt.nl â € “Source: Bangkok Post
Bangkok Breaking News section is void and will not resume when appropriate.
No sponsors at the moment.