26th of January 2013 0
We attract not war, but the army is prepared as a last resort to use force. These seemingly contradictory ruled army commander Prayuth Chan-ocha yesterday after a meeting of Prime Minister Yingluck with the Armed Forces and lawyers about the Preah Vihear case.
Languages was the strategy that Thailand will follow to avoid that the disputed 4.6 square kilometers at Hindu temple Preah Vihear by the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague is assigned to Cambodia.
Prayuth said that whatever the decision of the Court of negotiations between the two countries continued. â € ~ There are procedures that we must follow when border fighting. But at the end of the day, the conflict is settled at the negotiating table. [Â € |] In the disputed area, we must follow the rules. If they are violated, is protesting the only correct actie.â € ™
The Government is confident that the case falls to win. Cambodia has a â € ~ € ™ herinterpretatieâ of the judgment of 1962 asked that the temple to Cambodia was assigned. Thailand argues: because the Court did not rule on the time surrounding area, the Court can not now give an interpretation beyond the subject of his former sentence.
Both countries begin shortly clearing mines in the demilitarized zone, which the ICJ last year in an interlocutory judgment has been ordered. Cambodia and Thailand have still not withdrawn their troops from the area.
– ZOA € ™ s three hundred teachers, students and former students, dressed in mourning clothes, have demonstrated yesterday in the statue of Father Emile August Colombet, a French missionary who Assumption College in Bang Rak (Bangkok) has been established. They oppose the planned merger of elementary and middle school, which the teachers salary of 3,500 baht per month would be reduced. According to the students the merger affects their future possibilities.
The school responded yesterday with closure of the school until 1 February, but Deputy Minister Phonthep Thepkanchana called the school as quickly as possible to reopen. According to a teacher of Mathayom 6 (sixth grade middle school) students have the most duped by the closure because they do have exams next Monday and next month another exam of the Ordinary National Educational Test.
– The Rohingya refugees, there are now 1.390, may the next six months in Thailand remain. This Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul (Foreign Affairs) said after a meeting with government administrations responsible for the refugees. The temporary shelter costs Thailand Baht 12 million, assuming a price of 75 baht per person / day for food.
The next six months will consult the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with UNICEF (the United Nations Children’s), the UN High Commissioner for Refugees and the International Red Cross on the future of the group. The talk is about how the Rohingya can be assisted in a third country to seek asylum.
Thailand also talks with the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation and the British Ambassador to Thailand, because according to the Deputy Minister, the British have brought the Rohingya to Myanmar. Formally Thailand considers the Rohingya as illegal immigrants, that if the law were to be followed, as soon as possible should be repatriated.
Prachuap Khiri Khan are some of the 120 Rohingya men on hunger strike. They complain about the quality of the food. The President of the Islamic Committee Prachuap Khiri Khan has promised to discuss with the authorities to improve their accommodation and meals.
– Two weeks to get nine public enterprises providing public services, in order to propose to strikes. The Ministry of Transport responds thus to strike a week ago by the ground staff of Thai Airways International, causing a large number of flights were delayed and passengers had to wait long for their luggage.
The nine companies are: THAI, Airports of Thailand, Port Authority of Thailand State Railway of Thailand, Expressway Authority of Thailand, Mass Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (underground), Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Co. (ATC), Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (above ground subway) and the Transport Company (intercity bus). PAT and Exat have already submitted their plans.
The Minister of Transport is somewhat concerned about the Port Authority of Thailand. Union members would want to stop overtime to enforce. According to the Deputy Minister of Transport was the strike at THAI due to a communication problem between the management and staff.
– Suvarnabhumi Airport is not to talk about the strike of ground staff of Thai Airways International (THAI) last week and envisages measures. Consideration is stricter â € ~ € ™ performanceâ requirements THAI set to go and a third concessionair for baggage to admit.
appears that the strike had more serious consequences than previously thought: 302 international flights were delayed, of which 233 and 69 foreign carriers THAI THAI dependent. More than 70,000 passengers had 15 minutes to 4 hours and 23 minutes of waiting. Earlier reports spoke of 76 THAI flights.
THAI serves 70 percent of the land services, including baggage handling. ZOA € ™ s 50-60 carriers depends on it. The remaining 30 percent is provided by Bangkok Flight Services, a part of the Bangkok Airways group.
– Six airports get a hefty makeover so they can properly function when the Asean Economic Community in 2016 takes effect. Most of the money from a budget of 3.2 billion baht goes to the airport from Mae Sot in Tak province and Betong in Yala. Mae Sot is the extended runway, in Betong is a new terminal.
airport Ubon Ratchatani the platform is extended and the terminal renovated. Also in Udon Thani, the passenger terminal renovated. The airport of Narathiwat kijgt a separate room for Muslims to Saudi Arabia «travel for the Hajj and the airport of Nakhon Ratchasima, the taxi-way for a comprehensive service center. Twenty-«-two other airports will later turn.
– A few dozen activists have yesterday to protest the imprisonment of 10 years Somyot Prueksakasensuk for treason was, pages of a nepwetboek burned. They did before the Criminal Court on Ratchadaphisek Road where Somyot was convicted. The action lasted about an hour and was filmed by police and court personnel. For the Thai embassy in Seoul (South Korea) protested eighteen organizations.
Somyot since his arrest bail refused not 18 times, but 12 times, reports the newspaper now.
– A 41-year-old man, who is suspected of killing two Marines in September 2005 in Narathiwat, yesterday during a raid on a house in Samakkee arrested. On his head was a reward of 500,000 baht. The owner of the house was also arrested because he was the man had given shelter, two other suspects were able to flee.
In the case of the teacher in cold blood in a school canteen was murdered, was not shot came. The police are looking for four suspects.
The Confederation of Private Schools in the Southern Border Provinces, the Ministry of Education called teachers at private schools a monthly allowance of 2,500 baht dangers to give, as well as the teachers in public education.
ZOA € ™ s 1500 universiteitsgraduates stand ready as a teaching assistant in the South to work. They all come from the southern provinces, and have recently been a teaching training course.
– The Forest Industry Organisation, which is 27,000 cubic meters of confiscated timber store, the timber wants to capitalize on it to make furniture. When the timber is kept longer, it rots and becomes unusable. At present, a further 60 percent to use. The storage costs have now risen to 30 million baht. It is rare woods such as teak and kraya loci . Seized rosewood should not for commercial «le purposes.
– A New Zealand man was yesterday at Chalong Pier in Phuket killed because he fell from his yacht by another boat was rammed. He slipped and fell into the water, where he lost consciousness when his head hit something. A passer-by jumped into the water but help came too late.
– A 5-month-old fetus was burned last night on a lawn in Muang (Samut Prakan) found. A witness has seen a couple on a motorcycle, a bundle wrapped in cloth and dropped on fire. The police assumes that the parents after an illegal abortion of the fetus chips.
– Four companies have subscribed to the construction of the new parliament building. On 20 February the tender place on 28 March and the contract is signed. The new parliament building erected in Kiakkai.
– Two Thai films do at the end of January at the International Film Festival Rotterdam shot at a Tiger Award: Karaoke Girl of Visra Vichit Vadakan, who in premiere ¨ re going, and 36 , a film by Nawapol Thamrongratanarit.
Karaoke Girl Visra makes her debut as a feature film director. The film is a mix of documentary and fiction about a woman from a village in Nong Khai in a karaoke bar in Bangkok will work. Film critic Kong Rithdee mentions the film in Bangkok Post a Â’delicate story of a night woman adrift and in search of an Anchora.
For some must Visra no stranger, because she married two years ago with a top executive of Facebook and a friend of Mark Zuckerberg, who by the media in Thong Lor was spotted.
The film later this year to see in Bangkok. The article does not address the other film, which is classified as a Â’missed-romanceâ € ™.
– Opposition leader Abhisit admits that his (Democratic) candidate for governor of Bangkok a tough time ahead, now a poll of Abac his main rival Pheu Thai Party government, Pongsapat Pongcharoen, an edge. That Democrat Sukhumbhand Paribatra, the past 4 years and was governor for reelection goes.
But Abhisit gives the courage not to. The race has just begun, he says, and the party and Sukhumbhand will the coming weeks more concrete policy known. Sukhumbhand yesterday claimed the word for the town. He said his four years experience gives him an advantage in continuing his work.
Rival Pongsapat yesterday received the support of Prime Minister Yingluck. She climbed the Pheu Thai-stage at the statue of King Taksin the Great in Wong Wian Yai on the Thonburi side of Bangkok. The Prime Minister said that Pongsapat together will work with the central government to the life of the Thonburi residents to improve, so they have the same welfare level as the residents of Bangkok.
Pongsapat promised the residents the drug problem, more public parks to build, to ensure paths and a metro line and the street to expand.
Yesterday was the last day candidates could register for the elections to be held on March 3. Seven did so, bringing the total number of candidates is now 25. [23 Whose chance, I’m so free to add them.]
– There is no evidence that speculation in the baht or large purchases of dollars to be made to the rate of the baht to propel. Still be in the local bond market large short-term investments. This says governor Prasarn Trairatvorakul of the Bank of Thailand in response to concerns about the appreciation of the baht.
The current measures to prevent all that speculation in the baht, as the limit on foreign investment in the local currency without underlying transactions. Short-term investments in the bond market have increased as investors react to uncertainties in the world economy. Foreign investment in the stock market have declined since the price-earnings ratio is reduced. Since the beginning of the year is $ 2 billion of foreign capital flowed.
Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong (Finance «n) says that intervene in the baht is avoided, even at the expense of exporters would. The Government is considering them to meet the measure to mitigate foreign currency within a certain period should be changed for the baht. â € ~ We can allow them for a longer period of retention. This will reduce the risk of losing verminderen.â € ™
In the long term relief in sight because the government is planning to borrow 2 trillion baht, which imports will increase the pressure on the baht will decrease. Next week the Minister a conversation with the Federation of Thai Industries, the strong baht. â € ~ Everyone â € “the government, the central bank and exporters â €” must act now continuous capital remains binnenstromenâ € ™ says Payungsak Chartsutthipol, chairman of the FTI.
– The credit rating of Thailand remains unchanged at BBB + stand, says ratings agency Standard & Poor. The agency says that the rating remains stable, but has warned that political stability and the long-term impact of financial «le PROGRAMS € ™ s business to continue to monitor.
â € ~ In recent years, the political situation is somewhat uncertain, but the industry has not yet significantly influenced ¯ nvloedâ € ™ said Kim Eng Tan, Director for Asia «Pacific. The next few years will be no change to the expected rating, but the rating could come under pressure to stand by policies such as the mortgage system for rice, and the way in which the financial «le position of public banks influenced ¯ uence.
Tan says that rapid credit growth, in particular through the purchases of houses and autoâ € ™ s, can be worrisome if the economy performs and rapid growth continues.
– Thais are crazy pills, but not on push-ups. The Consumer Health 2012, a report by Mindshare Thailand, shows that the sale of health products last year rose to 61 billion baht to 37 billion in 2007, an increase of 10 percent per year. Especially vitamins and supplements are popular, followed by herbs, traditional products and medicines.
Mindshare survey performed 3,000 persons. Of these, 84 percent said they are satisfied with their health, the promotional actions and policies of the government and businesses. But now comes the bad news, women exercise less (38 per cent compared with 52 per cent in 2008) and men eat less fruit and vegetables (43 â € “51 percent).
But on the whole, Thailand healthier because there were fewer deaths from infections, accidents, and an unhealthy lifestyle. The life expectancy of Thai men rose from 55.2 to 69.9 years and for women from 61.8 to 74.9 years. The study also shows that the number of singles, couples without children and divorced people no longer increases.
– Thailandâ € ™ s second largest construction company Ch. Karnchang Plc says the controversial “le Xayaburi dam in Laos for 10 percent finished. The Communication confirms the suspicion of activists that Laos work on the dam has never stopped, despite promises that it would await further studies on the environmental impact. Officially, the construction started on 7 November. In particular, Vietnam and Cambodia had insisted on further studies.
www.dickvanderlugt.nl â € “Source: Bangkok Post
No sponsors at the moment.