31st of January 2013 0
Almost seven years on the run from a prison sentence of 30 years for murder and corruption, but yesterday put an end to his freedom. At checkout on the turnpike Lat Krabang was Somchai Khunploem, better known as Kamnan Poh and also nicknamed the â € ~ Godfather Chon Buria € ™ is used.
two months, the police chased him, after being tipped off about his movements in Chon Buri. Yesterday he visited the Samitivej Hospital in Bangkok on the way he walked into the trap. Were in the car but he had two other people: the head of tambon Samet and a female doctor. The tambo head was also arrested, because the car was ammunition that was his.
Somchai, a former mayor of Saen Suk (Chon Buri), in March last year after a long judicial process by the Supreme Court sentenced to a prison term of 25 years for the murder of a political rival in March 2003. He shot the man dead during a wedding reception. A penalty of five years and four months he received early in 2006 for corruption in 1992 with the sale of land in a forest reserve for use as landfill.
The current Minister of Culture is a son of Somchai. He went yesterday to the Bang Kwan prison in Bangkok, but his car was not. Sonthaya has stated its position not to abuse and not to interfere with the work of the authorities. Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung that the police in his portfolio, says that the case does not endanger the position of the minister.
– Rohingyas have to smugglers from 60,000 to 65,000 baht to be smuggled into Thailand. This Maung Kyaw Now, President of the Burmese Rohingya Association, stated yesterday during a hearing of the parliamentary committee law, justice and human rights. Kyaw said he will encourage the government to allow the refugees to temporarily live and work in Thailand and health care to get.
The flow of refugees has begun after the previous six months 50,000 Rohingyas are slain. According Kyaw lie the Myanmar authorities on the number of deaths. He called on the UN to send a peacekeeping force to Myanmar to protect Rohingya, should they be returned [from Thailand].
Thailand now offers shelter to 1,486 Rohingya refugees. They may stay here for six months pending repatriation «ring or asylum in a third country. Thailand considers them not as refugees but as illegal immigrants.
– The Ministry of Education has ordered schools to give less homework. The ministry wants to reduce the pressure on students now in progress to revise the curriculum. The schools were also asked to organize more outdoor activities.
– Various schools in Narathiwat yesterday have abruptly closed its doors after two bombings in which a soldier was killed and three others were wounded.
The first bombing in tambon Manang Tayo took place when three soldiers, whose task is to escort teachers, in a pickup truck passed. One of them died later in hospital.
district Cho Airong exploded a bomb was hidden in a vegetable cart, which stood for a school. A volunteer ranger was injured.
Eight teachers, working in the Primary Educational Service Area 2 in the province of Yala, are transferred because they were worried about their safety. They have gone to safe schools. Numerous transfer requests have poured after a teacher at the school in Narathiwat Ban Tanyong lunchtime was murdered in cold blood while he was in the dining room at lunch oversaw.
– Thailand is on the 13th place on a list of countries from which money, earned with crime, corruption and tax evasion, to foreign flows. For Thailand would go to U.S. $ 64.2 billion (2 trillion baht). The list was compiled by Global Financial Integrity, a Washington-based group. How that that amount is, she says no.
The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) is the amount too high and unreliable. According AMLO is the last 5 years 345 billion baht out of the country, mostly to Hong Kong. This is done through phoy kuan networks.
Officials from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in two weeks a conversation with the AMLO on the report of the Americans.
On February 18 meets in Paris the Financial Action Task Force. Which decides whether Thailand remains at the â € ~ dark gray listA € ™ because it does little to money laundering and the fight against terrorism. The AMLO is hopeful that Thailand is now deleted two laws against such practices have been approved by Parliament and only the signature of the king need.
– There is a line through the construction of 396 police stations because of irregularities which have occurred in the tender. Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung has ordered the freeze, but it was a long time not worked on the desks.
Chalerm decision follows an investigation by the Department of Special Investigation. The then Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban (Democrats) would have intervened in the tender.
The contractor of the 396 police stations is the same as eight flats for policemen. Even that construction is stopped. The DSI examine whether the contract there has been price increases. According to spokesman Prompong Nopparit Pheu Thai Party government of making the eight flats part of a total of 163 flats which have not been substantiated. That would be a loss of 4 billion baht have yielded.
How to proceed with the construction of the 396 agencies I am not entirely clear. There is a new procurement but also of hiring subcontractors to work to finish.
– The former head of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, Damrong Pidech, threatens his successor to sue when doing nothing illegal cultivations in national parks and forest reserves. The ex-head has several holiday scrapped, but the current principal does not seem to be going.
Damrong notes in a letter to the Supreme Court that the owners of some holiday parks in Thap Lan National Park (Prachin Buri) has ordered their property to break. National Parks should enforce that decision, said Damrong, a report for neglect of duty to his successor considering.
That successor, Manopat Huamuangkaew, seems to have suggested to the government that he had better some people alone can show. Manopat euphemistically calls it self a â € ~ less aggressive benaderingâ € ™.
Another decision Manopat also raises questions. He is the head of the sanctuary Huay Sala transferred. According Damrong this opens the way for the illegal logging of rosewood protected. Damrong keep an eye on it and if that is the case, following a second charge for neglect of duty against his successor.
Damrong said a thing yesterday during the opening of the office of the political party that he founded. That party is called Tuang Kuen Puen Pa (Thai Forest Land Reclamation). Most members are retired officials of forest and police.
– King Bhumibol lives tomorrow the opening of the Sayamindradjiraj Medical Institute and when he does not reveal the statue of King Chulalongkorn. The prince is recovering from an attack of fever. The planned monkeys show’s off.
– The campaign is called â € ~ Consumer Justice Nowa € ™ and organized by the Foundation for Consumers. Yesterday, the campaign started with a bike ride through Bangkok. The aim is the creation of an independent consumer organization in accordance with Article 61 of the Constitution.
The parliament is currently in the third term of treatment of a bill, in which the formation of ZOA € ™ s organization is governed. Saturday and Wednesday is cycled again.
– Concerns of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee to remove the Phayayen Dong-Khao Yai Forest Complex, a world heritage site, is affected by the construction of the dam Huay Samong have the Royal Irrigation Department and the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation mitigatieplan one drawn. The dam impinge on the forest. The plan includes the creation of five checkpoints and a study on the impact on the game.
– Independent candidate Kosit Suvijjit, former director of a media company, for the post of governor of Bangkok will of the city â € ™ 24-hour Stada € ™ make. Businesses, administrations and â € “companies must be open 24 hours a day and can when in a three-shift is underway. Also, public transport, schools and health of the church, have round the clock correctly. According Kosit makes for greater safety, reduces the traffic chaos and creates jobs.
ambitious candidate has his hopes on the 65 percent â € ~ silent votersâ € ™, which have not yet decided whether to vote and to whom. According to him, many voters are angry and frustrated by political conflicts. And that attitude would be in favor of independent candidates, like himself, are.
– Amnesty for red shirt detainees is not controlled by a â € ~ € ™ decreeâ Executive (Cabinet decision), said Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung because ZOA € ™ s decision would be invalidated by the Constitutional Court because it violates the Constitution. According to Article 184, only urgent matters eligible.
According to reports in Bangkok Post yesterday is the requirement for amnesty through a Cabinet decision a requirement of the UDD (red shirts). The â € ~ January 29 for the Release of Political Prisonersâ € ™, the amnesty bill through the Nitirat group intended to regulate. Nitirat, a group of lawyers associated with the Thammasat University.
But Bangkok Post Chalerm today responds to a requirement that January-group, which is in contradiction with the news yesterday. Anyway, the government has at least pledged the Nitirat proposal for recommendation to the Council of State to send, then it can be treated by government and parliament.
January-group held a demonstration Tuesday at the Royal Plaza. Kwanchai Praipana, the leader of another red shirt group, that the group will not have done, because it would be the chances of the Pheu Thai candidate for the post of governor can dupe.
– Nida gives as in the previous poll the Pheu Thai candidate an edge over his main rival, former governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra of the Democrats. In the second survey scores Pongsapat Pongcharoen 23.8 percent of the votes and 19.2 percent Sukhumbhand.
The best scoring independent candidate Sereepisut Temeyaves, former head of the national police. He is good for 5.1 percent. Kosit (see above) scored 0.2 percent. But 48 percent of respondents have not yet determined its choice and 2.2 percent already know that they are not going to vote. Surveyed 1,503 people in all 50 districts of Bangkok.
– The private sector must constantly to hedge against currency risicoâ € ™ s. In case of emergency, the central bank is ready to use the tools available to curb the baht, but its side effects should be carefully considered.
said Pongpen Ruengvirayudh, deputy governor for monetary stability of the Bank of Thailand, after a conversation yesterday with the Federation of Thai Industries. The FTI handed the bank yesterday its proposals to the appreciation of the baht, which since the beginning of the year in progress, to halt.
Pongpen said the central bank more than Ã © Ã © n criterion for the competitiveness of the domestic currency to measure. One is the composition of the 23 currencies of Thailandâ € ™ s major trading partners and competitors. The other is the composition of Asian currencies.
â € ~ We have already checked the baht. Our goal is the impact of the appreciation for the private sector at an acceptable level. At this moment there are no strict rules that change upward pressure on the baht have. [Â € |] Exporters should not compare the baht currency of their competitors, because the economic conditions in those countries may differ from those in Thailand.â € ™
– Kasikornbank (Kbank) comes SMEs to help that is affected by the increase in minimum daily wage from 1 January to 300 baht. The bank offers three packages with a grace period of six months, additional credit to 20 percent of the capital and credit for investment in equipment and machinery.
The packages are available to all SME customers to a maximum of 10 million baht each, but the bank assesses applications from case to case. According to the bank exceeds the increase in the minimum daily wage labor especially SCBA € ™ s in the agricultural sector, wooden furniture, textiles and plastics. Geographically seen are the majority in the Northeast and South. Their labor costs have risen by 74.4 to 80.7 percent and operating costs by 12 to 13 percent. The consequences are harder than the harder baht and the costs resulting from flooding.
wage increase also affects the NPLA € ™ s bank (non-performing loans). The bank tries to limit this year to 2.95 percent of total loans compared to 3.2 percent last year despite the strong growth in loans. This year, the bank expects a growth in SME loans from 12.8 percent to 528 million baht in outstanding loans.
– ZOA € ™ s 80 percent of Japanese companies affected by the increase in the minimum daily wage to 300 baht per 1 January and 30 percent feel the consequences. [Yes, it is really in the message] Labour intensive industries «n consider to neighboring countries such as Indonesia«, Myanmar and Vietnam to move, but some remain however in Thailand because of the good infrastructure. According to a poll by the Japanese Chamber of Commerce in Bangkok.The Chamber
spread teformulieren 1419 survey among its members, of which 381 responded. Half of the respondents said they would replace labor by machinery and 26 percent choose a hiring freeze and price increases. About a quarter would reduce the workforce.
Most of the affected farms are located outside Bangkok because Bangkok and neighboring provinces, the minimum daily wage in April last year has increased.
– in Bangkok last year 47,340 new condoâ € ™ s delivered, 54 percent more than in 2011. In the fourth quarter, 13,234 condoâ € ™ s ready, which was a considerable interest because 69 percent was from the hand, said Colliers International Thailand.
Some projects even in Ã © Ã © n day out or reached within a few days a high occupancy rate. The main factors that influence the decision of customers had the reputation of projectonwikkelaar, location, pricing, project concept, design and EIA approval (EIA). Most new condoâ € ™ s (15 percent) were completed on the northern edge of the city, followed by 10 percent in the center.
www.dickvanderlugt.nl – Source: Bangkok Post
No sponsors at the moment.